On Friday, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for September 2012 edged down to 8.2 percent from 8.3 percent in August. Indiana’s unemployment rate continues to run higher than the U.S. rate which decreased to 7.8 percent. Ohio’s unemployment rate of 7.0 percent stood more than a full percentage point below Indiana’s while Michigan (9.3 percent), Illinois (8.8 percent) and Kentucky (8.4 percent) remained higher.
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Sullivan- 10.9%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Dubois – 4.9%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)