On Friday, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for July 2012 ticked up again to 8.2 percent. Indiana’s unemployment rate approached the U.S. rate of 8.3 percent. Ohio’s unemployment rate of 7.2 percent stood more than a full percentage point below Indiana’s while Michigan (9.0 percent), Illinois (8.9 percent) and Kentucky (8.3 percent) remained higher.
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Fayette – 11.3%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Dubois – 5.4%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)