Today, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for April 2012 fell slightly to 0.3 percent to 7.9 percent. The new numbers show Indiana sitting just under the U.S. rate of 8.1 percent.
Indiana’s unemployment rate remains lower than neighboring states Illinois (8.7 percent), Kentucky (8.3 percent) and Michigan (8.3 percent) however, is now higher than the unemployment rate in Ohio (7.4 percent).
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Fayette 10.7%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Dubois 5.1%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)