Today, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for February 2012 fell slightly t0 8.4 percent, while the U.S. rate held steady at 8.3 percent.
Indiana’s unemployment rate remains lower than neighboring states Illinois (9.1 percent), Kentucky (8.7 percent) and Michigan (8.8 percent) however, is now higher than the unemployment rate in Ohio (7.6 percent).
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Vermillion 12.5%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Hamilton 5.9%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)